Monday, July 11, 2011

 Julius Erving Will Introduce Artis Gilmore at Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony




4:19 PM, Jul 11, 2011  
VIDEO LINK:


http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/210637/14/Dr-J-to-Present-Artis-Gilmore-Into-Hall-of-Fame



JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- In one month, former Jacksonville University star Artis Gilmore will be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.  Gilmore has chosen his long-time friend Julius Erving as his presenter for the induction ceremony.

"I could've selected a number of people to introduce me," said Gilmore.  "My relationship with Julius goes back as far as anyone else that I could think of.  That's the reason I asked him to introduce me."

Artis spoke with First Coast News on Monday following the first day of a basketball camp that he is hosting this week with his former JU teammate, Rex Morgan.

After a long wait, Gilmore will finally be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on August 12th.  Dozens of his family members and friends are expected to make the trip to Springfield, MA for the enshrinement ceremony and other related festivities.